Sunday, October 31, 2010

Analysis of my Coffee Thermos


I wake up every morning for my nine o’clock class and head straight to the kitchen where my to go coffee mug is waiting for me to fill it up.  This to go thermos, only ten inches high with an easy removable lid allows instant storage for my hot coffee.  This innovative object is clear of problems and is easy to operate.  All I do is open the lid, pour my coffee in, and screw the lid on tight.  The design is aesthetic with a soft pink background and hints chrome on the top and bottom.  Its appearance was one of the reasons I chose the thermos.  In the middle of the mug is a graphic (illustration) of UCD with chrome swirls surrounding it.  The thermos’s proportion, size measured against other elements, is essential for it must hold a reasonable amount of coffee when I’m in a hurry.  The thermos must be larger than a cup, but smaller than a pitcher.  I’m subjective (reflecting to a personal bias) to the thermos, for my favorite color is pink and I believe that the multi-dimensional design of the lid and handle provide a solid purpose in keeping my coffee warm and from not spilling.  Its form is functional and the concept of easy accessible on the go coffee is affective.  The content, an aesthetic thermos, interacts with the form to ultimately create a well-balanced concept and solution for busy coffee drinkers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment